Monday, June 30

Feelin' Retro...


Here is a simple card that I created for (yet another!) June Birthday. However, it could certainly work for many other occasions, like Mother's Day or Hello Friend. I found the inspiration for this card in my April/May 2008 issue of Paper Crafts magazine. Leslie Webster designed her "Stylish Pleated Dress Card" using Bambi64's template from the SplitCoastStampers' website. (I have cleaned up Bambi64's pattern and saved it in PDF format. You can download it here.) For my dress, I added my own personal touches using a piece of velvet ribbon and a fabric rose which I hand-sewed to my card.

Supplies:
  • Cardstock: Assorted Box of Cards from DCWV; Classic K McKenna Mat Pad by K&Company
  • Patterned Paper: Rosey Nook Blossoms from Scrapbook Walls line by Chatter Box; Retro Beads from Paper Pizazz line by Hot Off the Press
  • Fibers: Dashes, Dots & Checks ribbon by Michaels
  • Accents: ribbon rose
  • Template: from SplitCoastStampers.com member Bambi64
Finished Size 4.25" x 5.5".

1 comment:

Jennie Skaggs said...

Hi Angela,

Gorgeous card....I was actually trying to find a dress pattern for awhile...the ones I were looking at were strictly origami...so I might actually be able to make this.

How does it fold exactly??? :)

take care....jennie