Sunday, March 16

Happy Spring Everyone!

Well, maybe I'm jumping the gun just a teensy, weensy, little bit... But hey! The first day of spring is this Thursday, and just this past week I saw approximately TWO DOZEN robins pecking away in a field. So spring can't be too far off...


So I figured now is the perfect time to share with you my Flower Pot Seed Holder project. The base for this project is a larger, more embellished version of my "Miss You" Envelope Book. (You can find the webisode and the instructions for these Envelope Books on the Paper Wishes website.)

I originally created these Flower Pot Seed Holders as elaborate birthday cards for my best friend and my mother-in-law, both gardening enthusiasts. The flowers and top lip of the "flower pot" open up to reveal pockets containing seed packets and a tag with sentiments. I used the larger No. 6 coin envelopes for this project -- they're the perfect size to hold my seed packets. The flap is held closed with some Velcro, and I used layers of silk flowers for added dimension. I presented this "card" in a drawstring organza bag, as it was rather bulky for a traditional envelope.

Finished Size Approx. 3.75" x 7" x 0.75"
More pics in my online portfolio.

3 comments:

retiredheather said...

Wow Angela this is a really wonderful Spring gift. Beautiful
Retired Heather

Jeni Glee said...

Oh my goodness, what an outstanding project and a perfect gift! Love, love, love this idea!

Regina said...

This is a very great idea for hobby-gardeners. Thanks for sharing!
Happy Eastern!