Thursday, February 14

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone of you gets to share this special day with someone you love! Whether it be a significant other, a family member, a friend, or even a pet! But if not, you could at least spend it doing something you love! And for me, that is paper crafting. So, on this special day, I'm combining my two loves by showing you a Valentine's Day card that I made for my Dear Hubby!


I actually designed this card a while ago, with my husband in mind. The base of this square card is a transparency sheet on which I mounted a pink swirl heart "pocket." The cover asks the question, "How do I Love thee? Let me count the ways..." (Although, I suppose technically it should say "WHY Do I Love Thee?"...) I provided five of the answers on flower-adorned strips of double-sided cardstock, which are stored inside the pocket.

The inside of the card reveals another, slightly smaller heart that reads, "Happy Valentine's Day."

Materials:
  • Cardstock: Classic K McKenna by K&Company
  • Transparency Sheet: 3M
  • Accents: Prima Flowers, Making Memories brads
  • Adhesive: Therm O Web & Xyron
  • Fonts: Contemporary Brush, Beautiful

Honestly, I could count way more than five reasons why I love my DH, but from an aesthetic point-of-view, five looked good sticking out of the pocket. Sorry, Dear!

Finished Size 5" square.
Want to see more of this card? Check it out in my online portfolio!

1 comment:

Jennie Skaggs said...

How funny! And what a great idea. Love it. Of course it is a gorgeous card. Jennie